Friday, January 23, 2015

Southwest Hamburger Soup

Yesterday we had lots of ballgames and practice going on, plus I had just returned home after being gone for six days.  I didn't have time to make a huge meal, but since it was cold, decided to make a type of soup....although I'm not sure it's really a soup.  I thought about calling it slop, but that doesn't sound very appetizing, does it??? :)

Anyway, I love creating new things by just dumping ingredients into a bowl! That's so much fun! It's even better when it tastes good!  You know I've told you that the ones that don't taste good, you never read about.  My poor family is just the guniea pigs :).

*I ended up not adding the rice to the soup. If you wanted to add the rice to the soup, then I would do 3 big cans of enchilada sauce instead of just two. I made the rice and served it on the side.


Southwest Hamburger Soup

2 1/2 pounds ground beef
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies...I used mild, but you may prefer hot)
1 can Ranch Style Beans
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
2 - 19 oz. cans Old El Paso enchilada sauce (I used mild.  You may prefer hot and may prefer a different brand.)

Extras:
*Lipton Spanish Rice & Sauce
*Tortilla Chips
*Cheddar Cheese

Brown hamburger meat, along with the onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in large pot.  Drain grease.  Add remaining ingredients and heat thoroughly.  Serve over broken tortilla chips and rice, if desired. Top with cheddar cheese.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover