Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mexican Trash

This recipe is a definite keeper for our family.  I saw it come across Facebook from Pinterest. I'm not sure who originally posted it, but we're thankful she did.  I was proud of myself for actually paying attention to the direction and really "following" a recipe! That doesn't happen often. I dump everything together and read later that I wasn't supposed to!  Of course, with this one, it would have been okay, anyway.  

Mexican Trash

1 large bag Nacho Doritos, crushed
4 cups shredded chicken (I bake chicken tenderloins in the oven for about an hour, covered. Allow to cool for 15 minutes or so, then they easily fall apart.)
6 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 can Rotel tomatoes (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
1 package taco seasoning (or to taste)

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with nonstick spray. 
In large mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients EXCEPT Doritos. Layer half of the Doritos on the bottom of the casserole dish.  
Spread half the chicken mixture, rest of the Doritos, and the rest of the chicken mixture. Add more cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Recipe may be halved and put into 2 quart baking dish and baked for 35 minutes.




Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover