Thursday, September 18, 2014

Barbecue Beef Open-Faced Sandwiches


A few days ago I made this for my football-playing son. I think I've mentioned he eats a big lunch because sometimes it's late before he gets to eat anything again. He goes from classes to football practice, and then many times to his lawn-mowing business.  He needs protein!

Growing up, our family ate hamburger with barbecue as "Sloppy Joes".  I didn't know that they weren't sloppy Joe's until I married!  And I still prefer this type of "Joe" (besides my husband, Joe, that is!) over the "real" thing.

Barbecue Beef Open-Faced Sandwiches
Browned Hamburger Meat
Your Favorite Barbecue Sauce (our's is Oklahoma-made "Head Country)
Hamburger Bun
Butter
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Heat browned hamburger meat (ours was frozen that I keep handy in the freezer) and BBQ sauce together.  Melt a little butter in a skillet and grill the insides of both buns.  Place the buns (grilled side up) on a plate, top with the BBQ meat, and add lots of cheddar cheese. Delicious!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover