Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Last week I decided to try a recipe that I had seen often on my Facebook newsfeed - Roasted Brussels Sprouts.  They are easy to make, healthy, and while they won't become my favorite food, they were definitely very good!
Just for fun, and because my oldest son found a ripe ear of corn in garden, I cooked it along with the sprouts.  

ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Recipe source: The Curious Coconut

1 pound Brussels Sprouts 
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375. Rinse sprouts and drain. Peel tough, dark green, outer leaves from each sprout (about 2-4 per sprout). You can save the leaves in a covered container in the refrigerator to make chips (Recipe HERE) from the leaves. Cut the hard stem from the bottom of each sprout and slice each in half lengthwise. Gently coat each sprout half with fat of choice and arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet or in a baking dish. Roast for 25-35 minutes, turning sprouts over about halfway through.

Sprouts are done when slightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork. Sprinkle with salt and pepper! 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover