Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Marquee Lights - Do It Yourself

For the Tipton Home Homecoming this past weekend, I envisioned a type of "Hollywood" thing that I've seen in pictures or on TV.  The famous HOLLYWOOD that sits up on a hill.
I didn't have a hill, but I had a very talented man help me achieve a TIPTON HOME version of the landmark. These letters are 24 inches high; 18 inches wide. They sit in grooves in a piece of wood. The holes were drilled and wired white Christmas lights were inserted into the holes.  It looks great!
The picture just can't show how beautiful this looks at night!  I had to drive out several times after dark just to see it!  I can't wait to have other letters made so that other words can be displayed! For our small town, I'm thinking GO TIGERS would be perfect! Thanks, Carl!  
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover